Come on Sense 3rd Grade Math Surgery Based on Most Difficult Questions From 2019 Texas Test
Here are some great 3rd grade practice math word problems that you can work on with your students to prepare for this year's test, whether you practice live or online!
I made up questions based on the 10 most difficult questions from the 2019 Texas test.
I will model each and every one of these on my Come on Sense Math Club through Facebook in video form. Just type the words "Come one Sense Math" in Facebook as if you are looking for friends, and you will see my club. Click join, and as soon as I accept you, there will be hundreds of videos that I have already posted from different grade levels that you will have access to at any time!
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to my Come On Sense Math Club!
Videos modeling the questions below will be uploaded to my YouTube page first so that your students can watch as I model how to do the problem AFTER they have attempted to work them out on their own first. Once you get to the YouTube page, click on the three horizontal dots to the right. You can then click copy link and be able to send the link to your students or their parents by email or even text.
COME ON SENSE MATH!
3rd Grade Math Surgery -Based on 2019 State Results
1. From Question #5 State Average Percent Correct 66% RC 2 S.E. 3.4F Supporting Two Digit Dividend with One Digit Divisor
2. From Question #12 State Average Percent Correct 63% RC 2 S.E. 3.5B Readiness Finding the Correct Expression Using Division
3. From Question #1 State Average Percent Correct 60% RC 3 S.E. 3.7b Readiness Perimeter of a Square Surface in Centimeters
4. From Question #19 State Average Percent Correct 55% RC 3 S.E. 3.3F Readiness Finding Equivalent Fractions on a Number Line
5. From Question #21 State Average Percent Correct 51% RC 2 S.E. 3.8A Readiness Finding the True Statement in a Relationship between the Amount Given, Cost, and Change Based on a Given Table
6. From Question #23 State Average Percent Correct 46% RC 4 S.E. 3.9A Readiness Finding a Reasonable Statement about Income/Pay Based on Hours worked in a Specific Amount of Time
7. From Question #24 State Average Percent Correct 44% RC 2 S.E. 3.4A Readiness Finding the Difference between One Number and a Combined Set of Numbers
8. From Question #27 State Average Percent Correct 32% RC 1 S.E. 3.2A Readiness Finding the True or Not True Statement Based on Place Value of a Given Number Written in a Variety of Ways
9. From Question #28 State Average Percent Correct 58% RC 2 S.E. 3.5C Supporting Finding the True and False Statements Based on an Expression Using Addition or Subtraction
10. Bonus Question State Average 42% Correct Finding the Best Estimate of the Difference of Two Numbers
We Also Recommend
Problem Solving & Place Value Mathematics Charts (3rd Grade & Lower)
ONE WEEK SPECIAL! Digital Problem Solving & Place Value Mathematics Charts, MATHEMATICS POSTERS, AND STAAR RIGOR PRACTICE TESTS
24 Full Color Vibrant Digital Mathematics Posters